Mercury MasterCard is a product from the First Bank and Trust. The card introduced to the market in 2018. If you are in the process of building your credit score, Mercury suits you well. Mercury is coming with a convenient mobile app as well as MasterCard benefits.
Moreover, the First bank started in 1991. The parent company of the bank is First Trust Corporation. Besides, First Bank is one of the largest privately-held banks in South Dakota.
In 2017 from Barclaycard, CreditShop acquired the MasterCard credit and portfolio, which was worth about $1.6 billion. After that incident, Mercury Credit Card came into the market.
Mercury Mastercard Rates and Fees
- The annual Percentage Rate will vary from 25.90% to 27.90%. The rate will vary due to the Prime Rate.
- The annual Percentage Rate for cash advances is from 27.90%-29.90%. The rate also can change due to the Prime Rate.
- No Annual Fee is applicable for the credit card.
- The late fee will be applicable up to $38.
- Balance Transfer Fee will be 5% of the transfer fee amount or $10, whichever is greater.
- Cash Advance Fee is also 5% of the advance fee or $10, whichever is more.
- If you proceed with any Foreign Transaction, the fee would be 3% of each transaction.
- The average Credit Limit is $1,500.
First of all, the applicant must be a resident of the United States. Not only that but also, you must have a valid identity card and a valid Social Security Number. The required credit score for the credit card is 575-675. Finally, you should be at least 18-year-old to obtain a Mercury card.
Advantages of Mercury Mastercard
- There is a mobile app that is convenient to use. The options available in the app are, check your balance, check transactions you made, bill paying, etc..
- If you are willing to repair your credit score, you have an opportunity from the Mercury credit card. By accessing FICO Score from the mobile app, you will be able to check the status of your credit score.
- You are not responsible for the unauthorized purchases or payments that happened through your card. The process called Free Fraud Protection.
- Mercury credit card users can use their card most of the places in the world. Because of the Mastercard facility.
- No Annual Fee is applicable.
Disadvantages of Mercury Mastercard
- When comparing with other credit cards, Mercury has a higher Annual Percentage Rate.
- The card will discourage foreign transactions because of the 3% transaction fee.
- The Balance Transfer Fee is also a high rate when it comes to Mercury cards.
- They do not give 0% Annual Percentage Rate for grace periods.
- Without an invitation, you are incapable of applying for a Mercury card.
How to apply for the Mercury Mastercard?
The only way you can apply for a Mercury card is by an invitation defines as a reservation code. After having that, you have to visit mercurycards.com and select the response to the mail option. The next step would be to input your reservation code. Through that, you may fill your application.
Within four to five days, the bank will send you a reply regarding the application.
Apart from that, by the Mercury credit card login, you may process the balance transfers as well as the balance check of the credit card. However, according to customer reviews, some of them got an automatic increment of the credit limit without requesting.
The customer service number for Mercury Credit Card is 844-303-5355. In addition to that, there is an automated system that can assist with your situations.
How to Cancel?
You can give a call to the bank, and inform your requirement. And they will assist with the process. Make sure to settle your all outstanding balances before canceling the card.