USAA Secured Credit Card is one of the products by the United Services Automobile Association Banking Service. Especially, having a USAA credit card will help you to improve the credit score. For the convenience of the customers, there are two types of the card. They are the USAA Secured American Express Card and the USAA Secured Visa Card.
Furthermore, the United Services Automobile Association (USAA) is a worldwide organization. In 1992, they initially started their operations. Headquarters located in San Antonio, Texas, United States. In addition to that, Admiral Thomas B Fargo is the current Chairman of USAA. Especially, their customer base is the military families, who served or serve in the United States Armed Forces.
Moreover, the products of USAA are Insurance, Banking, Investments, Retirement, Financial Planning, and Brokerage. Unquestionably, In Moody’s Investors, they received an A++ rating. According to 2017 calculations, 32,986 employees are working at USAA. At this time, they have 12.4 million members.
USAA Secured Credit Card Rates and Fees
- The purchase Annual Percentage Rate is 10.15-20.15%. It depends on the market condition.
- The Balance Transfer Annual Percentage Rate is also 10.15%-20.15% and depends on the market conditions.
- The Annual Percentage Rate for cash advances varies from 10.15%-20.15%.
- The Annual Fee is $35.
- The Late Payment Fee is $25.
- The Certificate of Deposit amount will become your credit limit.
- No Foreign Transaction Fee is applicable for the cardmembers.
- You will be able to have insurance. It includes protection on rental vehicles plus damage and theft.
- Every purchase you proceed with USAA card can have extended warranties.
- They will help you if the identity gets stolen.
- The ability to earn rebates on the finance charges that occurred, in the time you served in the military.
- For 12 months you will have a 4% Annual Percentage Rate, during deployment or Personal Communications Service.
- If you enter active military service, USAA offers a 4% Sailors’ Civil Relief Act rate.
- To apply for a credit card, you need to start a Certificate of Deposit for two years. However, the deposit will earn interest is a benefit for you.
- No cash back options are available.
- No points can earn on purchases.
- There is no 0% introductory APR period for balance transfers or purchases.
- The applicant should possess US citizenship or a permanent resident in the United States.
- The age should be at least 18 years.
- You should be a member of USAA.
- The applicant should be a member of the USA military.
- Otherwise, you must be a family member of military personnel.\
How to Apply?
You must need to fill,
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Date of Birth
- Contact details
- Income and employment proof
to proceed with the application.
- Browse the USAA credit card page and select the card you want.
- If you are a member of USAA, log into your account. Or else, get registered yourself at USAA.
- After submitting all the required information, you may know whether you got accepted for the credit card.
The cardholders may contact USAA through 800-531-8722 number. You will be able to solve the issues regarding credit cards by the assistance of the USAA.
How to Cancel?
Most importantly, you must pay the outstanding balance before canceling the credit card. Besides, you are eligible to collect the rewards you earned. After that, please contact customer service and request to cancel the credit card. Otherwise, you may log into the account and send a message. They will proceed further on the request.
N.B.: This card has been discontinued since 2019.