Wells Fargo College Credit Card is also a product from Wells Fargo & Company. The card is specifically designed for college students to improve their credit history. if you want to rebuild your credit you can try Mission Lane credit Card as well.
Most importantly, Wells Fargo’s credit card is collaborating with the Visa signature. Because of that reason, college students are capable of enjoying Visa benefits.
Furthermore, Wells Fargo & Company is a multinational company located in San Francisco, California. Initially, they started their operations on March 18, 1852.
In addition to that, some subsidiaries of Wells Cargo are Wells Fargo Advisors, Wells Fargo Securities, Wells Fargo Rail, and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A.
Not only that, but also, Asset Management, Brokerage Services, Banking, Commodities, Credit Cards, Equities Trading, Finance & Insurance are some of the products they have. Currently, the Chief Executive Officer of Wells Cargo is MR. Charles Scharf.
Wells Fargo College Credit Card Rates and Fees
- The Annual fee for the college credit card is zero. ( ABOC Credit Card annual fee zero and $150 signup bonus, Venus Credit Card is also no annual fee credit card )
- A 0% introductory Annual Percentage Rate is applicable for up to 6 months.
- The Annual Percentage Rate will be varying from 11.15% to 21.15% based on your creditworthiness.
- The minimum monthly payment applies to this credit card.
- 3% cash rewards will be given up to $2,500 spent on drugstore, gas, and grocery.
- Another 1% cash reward is available on other groceries.
- The Cash advances calculated as 5% of the amount of each advance or $10.
- The Returned Check fee or the Returned Payment fee is available up to $37.
- The Foreign transaction fee is 3% from each transaction.
- Cashback rewards are available.
- 0% introductory APR is another advantage.
- The capability of creating old credit history while in college. No need to waste money on the annual fee.
- Rewards can use for merchandise, gift cards, and cash redemption options.
- Travel and Emergency Assistance services are including in the card.
- Auto Rental Collision Damage waiver is also an included benefit.
- Cell phone protection is another offer giving by the card.
- If you miss any payment, it could lead to hefty late fees.
- All the cashback bonuses will be gone after six months.
- After six months, all the interest charges will increase.
- Foreign transactions make the situation worse due to a 3% charge of marketing.
- It does not offer any sign-up bonus.
- They are charging a balance transfer fee of 5%.
How to apply for the Wells Fargo College Credit Card?
You got the ability to apply for a card online by visiting Wells Cargo Cash Back College Visa Card portal. First, you have to provide personal information. Name, DOB; Social Security Number are some of them. The next section should cover with annual income and employment information. Then you should agree with terms and conditions. After submitting the online application, you will get a message whether you got accepted or not.
The customer service number is 1-800-642-4720. You may contact them if you have any issues or problems regarding the credit card. Whenever your card gets stolen or lost, immediately inform them. If you do it properly, under unauthorized purchases, you will get the reimbursement.
How to Cancel Wells Fargo College Credit Card?
Before closing down the card, you have to check whether there are any pending payments or outstanding balances. If there is any, settle them first. After that, you can call the customer service number, which mentioned below, to close your account.